A legal professional is someone who studies, develops and applies the law of the state. Law is a field where ethics is very important however, it is not so easy to follow. Lawyers get to interact a lot with the public. They have the chance to encounter people from different fashions of life. Life of a lawyer is risk-oriented. These professionals handle with victims, criminals, and their judgments, so threats and risks are an inherent part of his living. A person of law has to be impromptu and spot-on as it is a very demanding profession.
Qualities of a good lawyer:
- A lawyer is someone who needs flawless communication skills.
- He should be good at tackling contingent situations.
- He must have a thorough knowledge of the legal provisions and their consequences.
- A lawyer has to be dynamic enough to take the side of his client no matter what and mustn’t give in to his personal emotions which might at times even disturb his feelings of patriotism. There are numerous examples of cases where lawyers have to be neutral, standing up for the client and at the same time ensure that the welfare of the state is not compromised
- Law is one area where the provisions keep changing every now and then, so keeping himself updated of the constitutional amendments is of paramount importance.
- Handling a case is all about the visible facts and figures, so he has to possess good analytical skills.
- Since the verdict depends on his argumentative skill and professional skepticism, a good lawyer is expected to have a questioning mind and being alert in all situations.
- A lawyer must doubly ensure of what he says and what he produces as an evidence because a verdict will not only affect the respective individual but also his family and dependents.
- Needless to say, a lawyer must have exceptional research skills. This will help him gather the maximum amount of information effectively.
Architects of Justice:
Lawyers are one of among the predominant professionals of the society working for justice to be served. They are the keepers of law helping the nation to pace at peace. It is an unsaid rule in the legal fraternity that ‘the learners of law have also learned to labor and wait’. So it is a profession where perseverance is an essential quality. But there is a gray side to every profession, a lawyer who is extremely good at what he does can totally turn justice upside down when he has to show up for someone who doesn’t deserve justice. Though it professionally sounds fine, there is conscience inside every man. So in such cases, an innocent might suffer and a convict will escape into the thin air.